DENIS LAW LEGACY TRUST
‘Supporting & empowering young people to be confident, capable, independent and responsible citizens within their own communities’.
The Denis Law Legacy Trust is a Scottish registered charity (SC 043169) that currently operates and delivers a number of ‘free’ to access doorstep activities and programmes across Aberdeen City; helping young people take part in and gain access to sport and other creative activities within their local communities.
The overall aim of our activities is to ‘reduce instances of youth crime and anti-social behaviour; promote health and wellbeing and encourage inclusivity through sport, physical activity and creative endeavour’.
- To provide community based events and activities that are free of charge and accessible to all.
- To promote participation, social inclusion & integration.
- To motivate and empower young people through prevention, intervention & diversionary activities.
- To promote respect, civic values and social responsibility within communities and help reduce instances of youth crime and anti-social behaviour.
- To promote health and well-being and discourage the misuse of substances, drugs and alcohol.
- To promote education and creativity and the development of self-confidence, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- To support & reconnect disaffected young people by providing alternative activities and opportunities for achievement.
- To provide a platform for positive transformation.
- To provide volunteers with opportunities to engage with and pursue personal development activities and qualifications.
- To work in partnership and collaborate with all parties who share our common objectives for the benefit of communities and young people.
Our 10 objectives are inspired by Denis’ number 10 shirt:
Find out more about our Board Members and Staff Team
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about our range of activities.
Like us: Facebook.com/StreetsportRGU
Follow us: @StreetsportRGU
Watch us: Youtube.com/StreetsportRGU